Raging Right Wing Republican

For those of us who are politically informed, and therefore Republican.

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Global warming

A climate researcher asked for his data offers his interesting view of science:
We have 25 or so years invested in the work. Why should I make the data available to you, when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it. There is IPR to consider.
Oh, right, that's how science is supposed to work: refuse to share your data with potential skeptics so it can be verified. That's how you make sure your research is as accurate unchallenged as possible. After all, if the "data" doesn't show that, gee, the Earth is suddenly getting warmer, it must not be worth looking at.

QUANTUM MECHANICS RESEARCHER: Eureka! I've found the QED formula for making the perpetual motion machine! I'm sending this off to Nature; and I'm getting a big money Nobel Prize; and girls will finally start talking to me.

GLOBAL WARMING RESEARCHER: We have 25 or so years invested in the work. Why should I make the data available to you, when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home